Avenue A Teen Center Program Leader Job Description
The Grapevine Family & Community Resource Center is a community based non-profit organization located in Antrim, NH and serves families of the Eastern Monadnock region and beyond. We offer a friendly, team-oriented work environment and are seeking a program assistant to support our Avenue A Teen Center.
Avenue A is a regional Teen Center based in Antrim. We offer after school and evening enrichment programs for over 300 youth ages 11-19, with the support of over 70 volunteers. Teens from 14+ towns in the Monadnock Region participate in our programs. Avenue A builds opportunities for youth to connect and grow so that they can be resilient community members. Program focus areas include creative expression, healthy living, social development, and career skill building. Youth and parents also come to Avenue A for support, referrals, and resources. As a Teen Center embedded in a Family & Community Resource Center, we have a unique two generational approach to supporting teens and their families.
Approximate work hours: This position will require an estimated 15-20 hours per week. Must be available during afterschool and evening hours (2-8:30 p.m. or 9 p.m.) at least 3 days per week for direct service work. Some weekends may be required. Summer schedule may include daytime hours. Remote work from home for administrative responsibilities will be considered. Compensation is commensurate with experience. More hours may be available depending on applicant’s experience and background.
Our ideal candidate will bring the following qualities and skills:
- Enthusiastic role model with experience working with children or teens
- Ability to relate to youth and build strong relationships, while setting and holding boundaries
- Assertive in asking for help
- Confident leading groups of teens
- Comfortable maintaining a safe, inclusive space during programs
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Background working with special needs youth or education related to mental health support desired but not required
- Lead and/or co-facilitate teen programs led by volunteers or by the Avenue A Coordinator. These could include drop in programs, art, music, athletic/outdoor activities, local trips and adventures, etc.
- Set up materials for programs and clean up afterwards
- Communicate with volunteers and the Avenue A Coordinator about program dynamics, challenges, and opportunities to connect youth with additional supports
- Proactively problem solve with youth, volunteers, and the Avenue A Coordinator to adapt/ design programs to meet the needs of our youth
- Engage with youth during programs with a focus on relationship building and support
- Manage program registrations using Google Sheets
- Track program participation/statistics using a data management system
- Send program reminders to parents/teens
- Schedule volunteer rotations using email and Google Sheets
- Support fundraising efforts through administrative tasks
- Communication with community partners to assist with planning collaborative programs or promote existing programs
The Grapevine and its Board of Directors strongly support and encourage our staff and volunteers to receive vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. While we do not mandate vaccination for staff, we do consider vaccination status as it relates to job position and responsibilities, especially with those working directly with children and youth.
The pay range for this position is $15 to $18 per hour commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to Jacqueline Roland, Avenue A Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information about the Grapevine, please visit us at www.grapevinenh.org.